A look around the MWC
- Utah coach Urban Meyer straddles the line between totally in control and just a bit too uptight.
Hey, it works for him. His team is 9-0 for the first time in school history and sits No. 7 in the Bowl Championship Series rankings.
Meyer was perturbed at questions Tuesday about his having put his first team back on the field midway through the fourth quarter of his team's 63-31 victory over Colorado State.
"I believe we would have lost that game if we had kept the (second string) in," Meyer said. "We couldn't stop them. We had to win that game."
An attempt to further question Meyer elicited a sarcastic question from him about whether the reporter had listened to his previous answer.
(The reporter had. He just wanted more information, so as to maybe defend Meyer, which is now a little more difficult.)
Coach, your math is all messed up.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 'rhabdo' injuries
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Mexico State Aggies Throwback Mini Football
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider