Auburn has faced tougher road
If Auburn finishes the season undefeated, it will be much more deserving of a shot at USC.
Tommy Tuberville's club has a significantly better chance of beating USC in the Orange Bowl than the Sooners. If Auburn finishes the regular season undefeated, and emerges victorious from the SEC championship game, it will be much more deserving of a shot at the Trojans.
Here are the central reasons why:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Auburn Tigers 2014 Football Schedule Blue T-Shirt