Auburn has faced tougher road
If Auburn finishes the season undefeated, it will be much more deserving of a shot at USC.
Tommy Tuberville's club has a significantly better chance of beating USC in the Orange Bowl than the Sooners. If Auburn finishes the regular season undefeated, and emerges victorious from the SEC championship game, it will be much more deserving of a shot at the Trojans.
Here are the central reasons why:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
- CFP officials won't budge on semis, title dates
- Ex-Heel Ramsay: Suit filed to improve education
- Arkansas' Long re-elected as CFP chairman
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- All Conference Men's Auburn Tigers Orange Bcs Championship Bound Destiny T-shirt