Auburn has faced tougher road
If Auburn finishes the season undefeated, it will be much more deserving of a shot at USC.
- The BCS standings, computer rankings and polls may not agree, but Auburn is the second best team in college football right now. The Tigers are more versatile on offense, more athletic on defense and more explosive on special teams than Oklahoma.
Tommy Tuberville's club has a significantly better chance of beating USC in the Orange Bowl than the Sooners. If Auburn finishes the regular season undefeated, and emerges victorious from the SEC championship game, it will be much more deserving of a shot at the Trojans.
Here are the central reasons why:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Auburn Tigers Hail Mary Youth Football
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider