Auburn has faced tougher road
If Auburn finishes the season undefeated, it will be much more deserving of a shot at USC.
Tommy Tuberville's club has a significantly better chance of beating USC in the Orange Bowl than the Sooners. If Auburn finishes the regular season undefeated, and emerges victorious from the SEC championship game, it will be much more deserving of a shot at the Trojans.
Here are the central reasons why:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- NCAA infractions chair: Reasons for inactivity
- Ducks decided favorites in Pac-12 media poll
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Auburn Tigers Blue Football Tech Performance T-Shirt