A look around the MAC
Akron's remarkable comeback devastated Marshall and spun the MAC East Division into a tizzy.
- Akron needed only two minutes and 19 seconds to break Marshall's stranglehold on a bowl berth and spin the MAC East Division into a tizzy.
An onside kick recovery, a touchdown pass on fourth-and-10, a muffed punt and a 43-yard field goal gave the Zips arguably their biggest win in school history. Akron wiped away a 21-point deficit to beat Marshall and move into a three-way, first-place tie in the MAC East.
"Our kids never did stop believing and have confidence," said first-year coach J.D. Brookhart, who could be the leading candidate for MAC Coach of the Year. "We had been in some situations like this before that had been tough.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Bowling Green Falcons Grey Football T-Shirt
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider