A look around the MAC
Akron's remarkable comeback devastated Marshall and spun the MAC East Division into a tizzy.
An onside kick recovery, a touchdown pass on fourth-and-10, a muffed punt and a 43-yard field goal gave the Zips arguably their biggest win in school history. Akron wiped away a 21-point deficit to beat Marshall and move into a three-way, first-place tie in the MAC East.
"Our kids never did stop believing and have confidence," said first-year coach J.D. Brookhart, who could be the leading candidate for MAC Coach of the Year. "We had been in some situations like this before that had been tough.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Bowling Green Falcons Orange Football T-Shirt