Badgers should remain unbeaten
With running back Anthony Davis leading the way, Wisconsin will reclaim the Axe against Minnesota.
- With their perfect season on the line, the Wisconsin Badgers will need to step up Saturday against a dangerous Minnesota team that would love to spoil championship aspirations.
When: Sat., 3:30 ET (ABC)
Where: Camp Randall, Madison, Wis.
This Big Ten showdown features three of the best running backs in the country, as Wisconsin's Anthony Davis is set to go blow-for-blow with the dynamic duo of Laurence Maroney and Marion Barber of Minnesota. Davis is the focal point of the Badgers' attack, while Maroney and Barber have combined for nearly 2,000 yards this season. Now the question is: Can Davis match the production of Minnesota's two-headed monster?
The game marks the 114th meeting between Wisconsin and Minnesota the longest rivalry in Division I-A football. The two teams have played every year since 1907 and have competed for Paul Bunyan's Axe every season since 1948.
Although Wisconsin, coming off a bye week, holds a 30-23-3 advantage since the introduction of the Axe, the Badgers are hungry to reclaim the trophy after the Gophers took it in 2003 with a last-second field goal.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
- Heisman RBs Salaam, Williams on Hall ballot
- OSU's Bell out of spring practice after surgery
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Minnesota Golden Gophers Tailgater Junior-Size Football
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider