A look around the MWC
But for Wyoming's football team to continue its progress and make 2004 truly memorable, something exciting has to happen elsewhere.
This week at Las Vegas is the Cowboys' first chance to become bowl eligible. Problem is, they'll be taking along some baggage a 17-game conference losing streak on the road.
"We've had so many good things this year," quarterback Corey Bramlet said.
"We have so much going for us right now. This is the point in our season where all those good things can pay off. Everybody has to step up and go on the road and take it like a business trip."
Maybe it's getting out of the not-quite-metropolis of Laramie that gets to the Cowboys, who are 5-0 at home this season.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU starts No. 1 in preseason coaches' poll
- Florida St. lands Elite 11 QB recruit Francois
- Fired OSU band director was trying to fix culture
- Wake suspends top returning rusher Gibson
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Mexico State Aggies Throwback Mini Football