A look at Notre Dame, Navy
Notre Dame players are used to playing in loud venues. But none of them have been to Neyland Stadium.
- Notre Dame players and coaches spent a chunk of the last two weeks agonizing over missed opportunities.
Losses to two non-elite teams (Boston College and BYU) have punted the Fighting Irish out of the BCS picture. Since 1995 they have reached only one BCS bowl game. Now Notre Dame needs a win in its final three games to qualify for the postseason.
"Sometimes I look back at the BYU game," LB Mike Goolsby told the Chicago Tribune. "I've seen them play on TV since then, and you're just like, 'How did we lose that game?'" Notre Dame defensive line coach Greg Mattison called the second-half collapse against Boston College "sickening." DE Justin Tuck said he feels like he's playing for a 7-1 team with a 5-3 record.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider