Cincinnati back from oblivion
The Bearcats are back in the bowl picture, and have a chance to play spoiler against Southern Miss and Louisville.
The Bearcats had ended Army's 19-game losing streak by flat-lining during an Oct. 9 game in West Point. Army racked up 554 total yards, the highest total for a Cincinnati opponent since Syracuse tallied 601 yards six years earlier.
A Cincinnati team that had pounded rival Miami (Ohio) four weeks earlier stood at 2-4 overall. QB Gino Guidugli said the Bearcats likely had become "the laughingstock of the nation."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former Cal AD Barbour hired by Penn State
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- UGA frosh Bellamy faces DUI, speeding charges
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Cincinnati Bearcats Black 'The Way' Basketball Performance T-Shirt