Cincinnati back from oblivion
The Bearcats are back in the bowl picture, and have a chance to play spoiler against Southern Miss and Louisville.
The Bearcats had ended Army's 19-game losing streak by flat-lining during an Oct. 9 game in West Point. Army racked up 554 total yards, the highest total for a Cincinnati opponent since Syracuse tallied 601 yards six years earlier.
A Cincinnati team that had pounded rival Miami (Ohio) four weeks earlier stood at 2-4 overall. QB Gino Guidugli said the Bearcats likely had become "the laughingstock of the nation."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Winston ruled to have not violated FSU code
- Sources: Stanford's Shaw plans to shun NFL
- Boise State's top rusher Ajayi to enter draft
- Side of A&M's Kyle Field imploded for upgrades
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jansport Men's Cincinnati Bearcats Red Tournament Basketball T-shirt