Cincinnati back from oblivion
The Bearcats are back in the bowl picture, and have a chance to play spoiler against Southern Miss and Louisville.
The Bearcats had ended Army's 19-game losing streak by flat-lining during an Oct. 9 game in West Point. Army racked up 554 total yards, the highest total for a Cincinnati opponent since Syracuse tallied 601 yards six years earlier.
A Cincinnati team that had pounded rival Miami (Ohio) four weeks earlier stood at 2-4 overall. QB Gino Guidugli said the Bearcats likely had become "the laughingstock of the nation."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- A&M's Manziel ready to take it to next level
- UConn hires ND coordinator Diaco as coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's TCU Horned Frogs Charcoal Stealth Tri-Blend T-Shirt