Peterson, Hart bringing balance
Scouts Inc. takes a look at the six freshmen running backs who have made the biggest impact this season.
- College football has seen some outrageously productive freshmen running backs, including Herschel Walker (Georgia) and Maurice Clarett (Ohio State).
Oklahoma phenom Adrian Peterson has earned the right to be mentioned in the same breathe as Walker and Clarett. He may very well become the best freshman running back of all time. While Peterson deserves all the attention he is currently receiving, the 2004 freshmen running back class might be the most impressive group ever.
The following is a ranking of the six freshmen running backs who have made the biggest impact in their debut seasons.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
- Heisman RBs Salaam, Williams on Hall ballot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider