Sooners' defense will contain Morency
Scouts, Inc., goes inside the Oklahoma-Oklahoma State matchup and sees the Sooners cruising to victory.
Originally Published: October 27, 2004By Steve Muench | Scouts, Inc.
- The Sooners have lost just four regular season conference games over the past four years and the Cowboys are responsible for two of them. One of those defeats was two years ago when Oklahoma State won, 38-28, the last time the teams met in Stillwater, Okla.
When: Sat., Noon ET (ABC)
Where: Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, Okla.
Two of college football's premiere running backs face off, making this heated rivalry even more exciting this year. Cowboys' RB Vernand Morency is ranked third in the country in rushing yards, while Oklahoma freshman RB Adrian Peterson is ranked fourth. Each is capable of leading his team to victory so expect both defenses to focus on stopping the run.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 'rhabdo' injuries
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Oklahoma State Cowboys Mini Rubber Football
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com