A look at Notre Dame, Navy
Irish RB Ryan Grant erased any doubts about his tender hamstring. Plus, Navy's missed opportunity and more.
- Notre Dame beat Navy at its own game last Saturday as the final piece was restored to a rushing attack that finally backed up the preseason hype.
Senior RB Ryan Grant, out for three games and significantly limited for three others, erased any doubts about his tender left hamstring with 114 rushing yards and two touchdowns in Notre Dame's 27-9 win over Navy. Nearly two years had past since Grant's last 100-yard rushing effort, which came against Boston College on Nov. 2, 2002.
The long wait ended for Grant, who lost the starting job to Julius Jones last year and had spent a large chunk of 2004 on the sideline. His 1,000-yard season in 2002 had seemed like eons ago until the Navy game.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider