A look at Notre Dame, Navy
Irish RB Ryan Grant erased any doubts about his tender hamstring. Plus, Navy's missed opportunity and more.
Senior RB Ryan Grant, out for three games and significantly limited for three others, erased any doubts about his tender left hamstring with 114 rushing yards and two touchdowns in Notre Dame's 27-9 win over Navy. Nearly two years had past since Grant's last 100-yard rushing effort, which came against Boston College on Nov. 2, 2002.
The long wait ended for Grant, who lost the starting job to Julius Jones last year and had spent a large chunk of 2004 on the sideline. His 1,000-yard season in 2002 had seemed like eons ago until the Navy game.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Embattled Michigan AD Brandon resigning post
- Stoops' extension worth more than $3M a year
- No current athletes tabbed in Syracuse probe
- No. 2 FSU rallies to avoid upset at Louisville
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Adidas Women's Notre Dame Fighting Irish Navy Tri-blend Football T-shirt