A look around the MAC
Northern Illinois' Garrett Wolfe was overlooked by several schools, but is finally earning some recognition.
Wolfe, a sophomore running back at Northern Illinois, has every reason to puff up his chest and stroll with a swagger. Since taking over for injured starter A.J. Harris four weeks ago against Bowling Green, Wolfe has rushed for 680 yards and tallied 11 touchdowns (10 rushing, one receiving).
He ranks 15th nationally in rushing (111.7 ypg) and tied for second in scoring (12 ppg). But Wolfe's greatest concern is simply staying on the field.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Bowling Green Falcons Grey Football T-Shirt