A look around the ACC
- Who's to blame for Clemson's offensive woes? What does Virginia think about its lofty ranking? Could Maryland actually be shutout of the postseason? Our ACC notebook addresses those questions, along with looks at FSU's QB question, Virginia Tech's resurgence and more.
Though not yet at the season midpoint, Clemson's bowl hopes already are on the line in Thursday night's game at Virginia. At 1-3, the Tigers have only two games remaining that look like easy wins -- Utah State at home on Oct. 16 and Duke on the road on Nov. 13. "We've talked about kind of starting the season over,'' Bowden said. "We've played four, we had an open date, and now we've got a seven-game season.''
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider