A look around the WAC
- San Jose State quarterback Dale Rogers tries to ignore the ugliness, though he knows it is there. He hears students talk about it. He knows the media is throwing it around.
"I don't really pay attention to it all that much," Rogers said of talk the Spartans' program is gasping for its final breath. "It's been a while. You get tired of hearing it."
Understandable. But Rogers' performance Saturday in the wildest game in NCAA history can be seen as a metaphor for his team's struggle in the grand scheme of college football.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
- Heisman RBs Salaam, Williams on Hall ballot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Tulsa Golden Hurricanes Mini Football Helmet
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider