A look around the Sun Belt
Sun Belt teams have averaged 13.25 points a game in 16 games (15 losses) against BCS schools.
- Five of the Sun Belt's nine schools are ranked in the bottom 17 nationally in scoring. No Sun Belt team is ranked higher than 66th, which is where Louisiana-Lafayette moved up to after scoring 43 points against Division I-AA Florida International on Saturday.
New Mexico State, which has scored three points the past two weeks, is last in the country at No. 117. Louisiana-Monroe is No.115.
The Sun Belt teams did begin to show signs of stirring last week. And they can look forward to playing each other almost exclusively from now on.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider