A look around the WAC
- The two men who had been the game's heroes could hardly watch as their team's dreams hung on a football about to be launched through the Boise air on Friday night.
Boise State had lost an early 16-0 lead and, in the final minute of the third quarter, gone down 27-22. The Broncos couldn't help but wonder if the nation's longest winning streak and their Bowl Championship Series aspirations were going to be memories.
"In the back of everyone's minds was that we're trying to put together a season without any losses in it," linebacker Korey Hall said.
"We've worked so hard," receiver T.J. Acree said. "I didn't want to see all that go down the drain."
As the fateful moment approached, standing on the sideline with Brigham Young kicker Matt Payne preparing to attempt a 38-yard field goal with 19 seconds remaining in a one-point game, Acree and Hall had divergent thoughts.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Tulsa Golden Hurricanes Mini Football Helmet
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider