A look around the WAC
Boise State had lost an early 16-0 lead and, in the final minute of the third quarter, gone down 27-22. The Broncos couldn't help but wonder if the nation's longest winning streak and their Bowl Championship Series aspirations were going to be memories.
"In the back of everyone's minds was that we're trying to put together a season without any losses in it," linebacker Korey Hall said.
"We've worked so hard," receiver T.J. Acree said. "I didn't want to see all that go down the drain."
As the fateful moment approached, standing on the sideline with Brigham Young kicker Matt Payne preparing to attempt a 38-yard field goal with 19 seconds remaining in a one-point game, Acree and Hall had divergent thoughts.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Source: Indiana, Cincy set '21, '22 meetings
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Tulsa Golden Hurricanes Mini Football Helmet