Wolverines' defense will stifle Hawkeyes
Scouts, Inc., goes inside the Iowa-Michigan matchup and sees the Wolverines wearing down the Hawkeyes.
Originally Published: September 23, 2004By Steve Muench | Scouts, Inc.
- Michigan leads the 51-game series between these two teams 37-10-4. But Iowa has won the last two games. While consecutive losses to the same team never sit well with Wolverine fans, the manner in which they lost makes this game that much more important to them. The Hawkeyes dismantled Michigan 34-9 when they met in Ann Arbor two years ago and came from behind to win at home last year.
When: Sat., 3:30 p.m. ET (ABC)
Where: Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, MI
If Iowa is to make it three straight, it will have to hand the Wolverines their first loss in a Big Ten Conference opener since September 11, 1982. With the Hawkeyes coming off an embarrassing loss to Arizona State, it seems unlikely they pull off the upset. However, Michigan's starting QB Chad Henne is a true freshman. His ability to step up could be the difference in the game.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 'rhabdo' injuries
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com