Experience at QB gives Arkansas the edge
- After opening with three straight home games, Alabama hits the road for the first time this season, traveling to Fayetteville, Ark., to take on the Razorbacks. Arkansas won last year's game 34-31 in double overtime after erasing a 31-10 third-quarter deficit. With revenge fueling this year's matchup, expect both teams to come out fired up.
When: Sat., 3:30 p.m. ET
Where: Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, Ark.
Alabama improved to 3-0 last week with an easy 52-0 win over Western Carolina in Tuscaloosa, while Arkansas handled Louisiana-Monroe 49-20 and now stands at 2-1. The shutout posted by Alabama was its first of the season and second under head coach Mike Shula, but the Crimson Tide paid a hefty price when starting QB Brodie Croyle was lost for the season with a torn ACL.
With Croyle out of the lineup, Alabama turns its offense over to sophomore Marc Guillon, who will make his first start this weekend. Will Guillon's inexperience do the Tide in?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider