Wake's option will test Eagles' defense
- When Boston College joins the ACC next fall, the Eagles and Deacons will be division rivals. The two schools have met 11 times in the past, with Boston College holding a slim 5-4-2 advantage in the series. But this will be the Eagles' first trip to Winston-Salem since 1952 and the first meeting at Groves Stadium.
When: Sat., Noon ET (ESPN2)
Where: Groves Stadium, Winston-Salem, N.C.
One of the interesting battles to watch will be Wake Forest's rushing attack against Boston College's run defense. The Eagles have given up just one rushing touchdown this season and are surrendering just 78.3 rushing yards per game, 15th best in the nation. On the flip side, the Deacons rank 10th nationally in rushing offense, with 276.7 yards per game, and have had a different 100-yard rusher in each of their first three games.
Will Boston College's stingy run defense shut Wake Forest's versatile rushing attack down? Or will the Deacons make it two in a row over the Eagles?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider