A look around the WAC
- There is a difference now, something highly scientific. It is amazing, actually, in its simplicity.
"Even our coaches noticed last year it didn't seem like we were having fun out there," sophomore Chad Price said. "We were trying not to mess up. We were confused. As time went on last year it got fun. And it's and even more so this year."
Price, who plays the secondary position of "bandit", is one of five sophomores that started for Rice in Saturday's 41-29 victory over Hawaii, the Owls' second victory in two games this season and fifth straight overall.
The Owls haven't strung together this many consecutive victories since doing so in the 1953 and '54 seasons.
And having fun is the secret. Actually, to get to fun, it takes time.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Tulsa Golden Hurricanes Mini Football Helmet
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider