A look around the MAC
The MAC failed to register any wins over BCS-member opponents in the first three weeks of the 2004 season.
The MAC failed to register any wins over BCS-member opponents in the first three weeks of the 2004 season. The so-called "preseason" was stained by lopsided scores such as: Minnesota 63, Toledo 21; Virginia Tech 63, Western Michigan 0; Michigan 43, Miami (Ohio) 10 & and so on.
That's the bad news. Here's the reality for MAC teams: BCS wins might enhance media attention, monetary benefits and recruiting exposure, but in the grand scheme of a season, they mean next to nothing.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Bowling Green Falcons Grey Football T-Shirt