A look around the MAC
The MAC failed to register any wins over BCS-member opponents in the first three weeks of the 2004 season.
The MAC failed to register any wins over BCS-member opponents in the first three weeks of the 2004 season. The so-called "preseason" was stained by lopsided scores such as: Minnesota 63, Toledo 21; Virginia Tech 63, Western Michigan 0; Michigan 43, Miami (Ohio) 10 & and so on.
That's the bad news. Here's the reality for MAC teams: BCS wins might enhance media attention, monetary benefits and recruiting exposure, but in the grand scheme of a season, they mean next to nothing.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- UConn hires ND coordinator Diaco as coach
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Bama kicker given letter of support by Bush
- Texas Tech QB Mayfield will seek transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Akron Zips Grey Football Sideline Head On T-Shirt