A look around the WAC
- Pat Hill is playing poker. He isn't bluffing. He is, as usual, "all in."
The Fresno State coach, who for more than three years now has set the standard for non-BCS teams going against BCS teams, directed the Bulldogs to a 35-16 victory at Washington on Sunday. The result, the Bulldogs' eighth victory in their past 16 games against BCS teams, has everyone thinking back to 2001, when Fresno opened with victories over Oregon State, Colorado and Wisconsin. It has Hill thinking about that too.
There is also this (beware Kansas State): The '01 Colorado game was on a Sunday night, which forced a quick turnaround for the Wisconsin game the following Saturday, same as this week for Fresno State. But about that poker hand Hill is playing
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 'rhabdo' injuries
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Tulsa Golden Hurricanes Mini Football Helmet
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider