A look around the Big 12
- Is there a running back controversy at Oklahoma? Is Carl Torbush in trouble at Texas A&M? Our Big 12 notebook addresses those questions, along with looks at Oklahoma State's Vernand Morency, Nebraska's new offense and much, much more.
Baylor coach Guy Morriss says he's going to stick with junior college transfer quarterback Dane King, who had three interceptions, two fumbles and was sacked four times in a 56-14 loss to UAB. We'll see how long that feeling holds considering sophomore quarterback Shawn Bell showed some signs of life by completing 10-of-14 passes for 61 yards.
- It's a good thing safety Willie Andrews is good at returning kicks (he holds the school record). He's going to get a lot of chances this season, based on the eight touchdowns allowed by the Bears' leaky defense against UAB. Andrews had 171 yards on six returns Saturday, third-best in school history.
- One of the Bears' three best chances for a victory this season will come Saturday at home against Division I-AA Texas State. The other two chances will come against North Texas on Sept. 25 and Iowa State on Oct. 23.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider