Badgers could be smelling roses
While Notre Dame is a much better team than most people think, don't believe the hype in Clemson.
- Unpredictability is one of the irresistible traits of college football. A year ago at this time, who would have guessed that LSU, which began the season with a No. 14 ranking, would emerge as BCS champions. How about an unranked Washington State team winning 10 games, including a win over Texas in the Holiday Bowl? On the flip side, Auburn, ranked No. 6 in the preseason, lost five games and wound up slumming in the Motor City Bowl.
The following is a breakdown of the seven most underrated and overrated teams at the start of the 2004 college football season:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider