Badgers could be smelling roses
While Notre Dame is a much better team than most people think, don't believe the hype in Clemson.
Updated: September 3, 2004, 11:12 AM ETBy Todd McShay | Scouts, Inc.
Unpredictability is one of the irresistible traits of college football. A year ago at this time, who would have guessed that LSU, which began the season with a No. 14 ranking, would emerge as BCS champions. How about an unranked Washington State team winning 10 games, including a win over Texas in the Holiday Bowl? On the flip side, Auburn, ranked No. 6 in the preseason, lost five games and wound up slumming in the Motor City Bowl.
The following is a breakdown of the seven most underrated and overrated teams at the start of the 2004 college football season:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Clemson Tigers Grey Football Practice Legend T-shirt