Buffs have incentive to come out strong
- For the second straight season these two in-state rivals will open their respective schedules against each another in what has become known as the "Rocky Mountain Showdown."
When: Sat., 8 p.m. ET
Where: Folsom Field, Boulder, Colo.
Last year, the Buffs outlasted the Rams in a thrilling 42-35 win thanks in large part to the unsung efforts of QB Joel Klatt, who came on in relief duty and threw for 402 yards and four TDs. The game was dubbed an "instant classic" by ESPN as the teams combined for 751 passing yards and the deciding score took place with just: 40 seconds on the clock.
The blossoming rivalry between CSU and CU will take on added meaning this year, as the Buffs' reputation will be on the line this Saturday. After a tumultuous offseason that included the suspension and re-instatement of head coach Gary Barnett, there is plenty of adversity facing this Colorado team.
Will the Buffs overcome the obstacles and extend their winning streak over CSU, or will Sonny Lubick and the Rams take bragging rights back with them to Fort Collins?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Youth Colorado State Rams Green 'Light 'Em Up' Tech Performance T-Shirt
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider