Team preview: Texas
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
In his six seasons on the sidelines, UT has garnered at least a share of the Big 12 South title three times and has finished in the Top 25 every year, the first time that has happened at the school since 1970-75. The Longhorns have also played in six consecutive bowl games, the longest such streak at the school since the legendary Darryl Royal guided eight straight teams to the postseason from 1968-75.
Only Miami can match UT's streak of six consecutive nine (or more) win seasons, and the Longhorns enter the 2004 campaign on the heels of their third straight 10 (or more) win effort (a school record). The program's 32 victories over the last three seasons rank third nationally during that span as well.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Texas Longhorns #28 Burnt Orange Football Game Jersey