Team preview: Texas
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
In his six seasons on the sidelines, UT has garnered at least a share of the Big 12 South title three times and has finished in the Top 25 every year, the first time that has happened at the school since 1970-75. The Longhorns have also played in six consecutive bowl games, the longest such streak at the school since the legendary Darryl Royal guided eight straight teams to the postseason from 1968-75.
Only Miami can match UT's streak of six consecutive nine (or more) win seasons, and the Longhorns enter the 2004 campaign on the heels of their third straight 10 (or more) win effort (a school record). The program's 32 victories over the last three seasons rank third nationally during that span as well.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Texas Longhorns White #1 Football Game Jersey