Team preview: Idaho
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 117 Division I-A teams. To subscribe to Insider, click here. To order a copy of the 384-page book, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com.COACH AND PROGRAM
At this time a year ago, Nick Holt believed he was in the best place in America working for the best head football coach in America.
That place was USC and that coach was Trojans' head coach Pete Carroll.
As linebackers coach at USC the last three years, Holt played a key role in the Trojans' success. They are 23-3 over the last two seasons, with two Pac-10 titles, a national title, two BCS bowl wins and a Heisman Trophy winner.
Still, Holt couldn't say no when the University of Idaho came calling. He was hired on Dec. 8 as the 31st head football coach for the Vandals, replacing Tom Cable.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider