Team preview: East Carolina
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
Originally Published: July 28, 2004Blue Ribbon Yearbook
Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 117 Division I-A teams. To subscribe to Insider, click here. To order a copy of the 384-page book, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com.
It was a humbling head coaching debut in 2003 for East Carolina's John Thompson. His only victory was against 0-13 Army, and his defense was weak. That's enough to make a longtime defensive coordinator ill.
COACH AND PROGRAM
But through all the losses, Thompson kept the team together.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- NCAA infractions chair: Reasons for inactivity
- Ducks decided favorites in Pac-12 media poll
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings East Carolina Pirates Game Time Full-Size Football