Team preview: Virginia
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
Originally Published: July 28, 2004Blue Ribbon Yearbook
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 117 Division I-A teams. To subscribe to Insider, click here. To order a copy of the 384-page book, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com.COACH AND PROGRAM
Virginia has 17-of-22 starters back this season and no doubt, the Cavaliers will be ranked among the Top 25 teams in the country in the preseason. And here's the problem in the new-and-improved Atlantic Coast Conference: Nationally prominent Virginia may be hard-pressed to improve on last year's fourth place finish in the league. Just look at the November schedule, a murderous row of Maryland and Miami at home and then Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech on the road. The Cavs get Clemson at home and Florida State on the road in October, too, by the way.
Welcome to ACC football in the new millennium.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Virginia Cavaliers Blue #83 Football Game Jersey
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com