Team preview: Wyoming
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 117 Division I-A teams. To subscribe to Insider, click here. To order a copy of the 384-page book, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com.COACH AND PROGRAM
The winds howled, the temperatures plunged and the snow pummeled the high plains of Laramie, Wyo., long before Joe Glenn arrived as head football coach with his own bottled brand of sunshine.
No doubt the inclement meteorological forces will continue long after he leaves.
But never had the fortunes of the football team slipped so low for so long as the miserable three-year stretch preceding Glenn's hiring after the 2002 season. It wasn't Glenn's fault he suffered the first losing season in 19 years as a head coach. Wyoming was once regarded as a cradle of coaches, but the combined six-year reign of eras by Dana Dimel and Vic Koenning would have made it one of the least attractive jobs in the country even if the weather were as nice as San Diego's.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Wyoming Cowboys Grey Legend Football Practice Performance T-Shirt
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider