Team preview: South Carolina
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
The only coach to lead six different programs to bowl games, Lou Holtz has reversed more fortunes than margin calls as his 32nd season draws nigh. Whether it was at Arkansas in the 1980s, Notre Dame in the '90s or South Carolina in the 21st century, Holtz has pulled up programs by the bootstraps to the tune of 243 career wins, eighth on the all-time Division I-A coaches' list.
The burning question heading into 2004 is, does the old coach have another "Holtz" left in him? South Carolina faded badly in 2002, losing its final five games to go 5-7. Last season, it was second verse, same as the first-another 5-7, spiked by a season-ending four-game skid.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former Cal AD Barbour hired by Penn State
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- UGA frosh Bellamy faces DUI, speeding charges
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's South Carolina Gamecocks Football Tech Performance Black T-Shirt