Team preview: Fresno State
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 117 Division I-A teams. To subscribe to Insider, click here. To order a copy of the 384-page book, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com.COACH AND PROGRAM
More than any other WAC school, Fresno State lives in the shadow of the Pac-10. It's not enough for the Bulldogs to fashion an overall winning record in the Western part of the United States, they need to beat schools like UCLA, Oregon State and Oregon along the way to command some respect.
The last two seasons, the Bulldogs have done just that by knocking off Oregon State twice and UCLA in the 2003 Silicon Valley Football Classic to give Pat Hill and Co. a measure of respect among the major powers of Division I-A.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 'rhabdo' injuries
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Fresno State Bulldogs Cardinal Football T-Shirt
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider