Team preview: Western Michigan
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
"Team chemistry is what gets it done for you," the eighth-year WMU head coach said, borrowing a page from the recent success of the New England Patriots.
"Talent alone doesn't get it done."
If that's the case, then the Broncos simply have not had the horses to run with the top of the pack the last three seasons in the MAC West. After producing four straight winning seasons to begin his career at WMU, Darnell's squads have finished below .500 the last three seasons, including a combined 7-9 in the conference the last two years.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Squirrel-hunting Winston held at gunpoint in '12
- Stanford WR Montgomery rehabbing shoulder
- Clemson, Auburn to face off in 2016, '17
- DE Simmons commits to Penn St. for 2016
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Western Michigan Broncos Sideline Razor Black T-Shirt