Team preview: Syracuse
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 117 Division I-A teams. To subscribe to Insider, click here. To order a copy of the 384-page book, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com.COACH AND PROGRAM
Coming off two lackluster seasons (including the Orangemen's first losing season since 1986), head coach Paul Pasqualoni finds himself having to rebound in 2004. Pasqualoni's future likely depends on whether he can mold this young Syracuse team into an immediate contender for a bowl berth.
A preseason scramble to find a new starting quarterback and heavy graduation on the defensive line doesn't make Pasqualoni's job any easier. But if there was ever a year for a turnaround, this is the one. The exodus of Miami and Virginia Tech to the ACC leaves the Big East with just seven competitors and not a single juggernaut in sight. The league, it seems, is ripe for the taking.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Syracuse Orange Full-Size Autograph Football
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider