Team preview: Ball State
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 117 Division I-A teams. To subscribe to Insider, click here. To order a copy of the 384-page book, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com.COACH AND PROGRAM
Brady Hoke wants his team to become finishers.
Last season the Cardinals got off to a flying start in their first go round under the former Ball State linebacker. BSU beat Indiana State 31-7 in Hoke's head coaching debut, and despite losses to non-league Missouri, Pittsburgh and Boston College, were at one point 3-1 in the MAC after stunning Toledo, 38-14, in late October.
Apparently, the Cardinals thought their season was done after trouncing the Rockets, because they never showed up in their final four games. BSU dropped three straight on the road to Northern Illinois, Western Michigan and Eastern Michigan, and then were drubbed by Bowling Green at home to end the season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider