Team preview: Clemson
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 117 Division I-A teams. To subscribe to Insider, click here. To order a copy of the 384-page book, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com.COACH AND PROGRAM
Was there a greater turnaround in college football the last two months of last season than the one Tommy Bowden and Clemson put together?
You won't be able to convince any Tiger fan there was, and with good reason: in Clemson's last four games, Bowden went from the unemployment line to being voted ACC Coach of the Year.
That's what beating third-ranked Florida State, Duke, South Carolina and Tennessee (in the Peach Bowl) will do for your career status. And the Tigers didn't just beat those four teams, they dominated, winning by a combined 108 points. Much was made over Bowden beating his daddy, Seminole coach Bobby Bowden, and in fact, that single win saved the younger Bowden's job.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Clemson Tigers Mini Rubber Football
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider