'Canes hope QB change sparks offense
Berlin was benched after back-to-back lackluster performances against Virginia Tech and Tennessee, during which he threw four interceptions and fumbled once without leading the Hurricanes to a single touchdown. Overall, Berlin has thrown 14 interceptions and accounted for 17 of Miami's Big East-worst 27 turnovers. Berlin's pass efficiency rating of 119.3 ranks 71st out of 100 Division I-A quarterbacks listed by the NCAA. Coker called Berlin's interceptions "unacceptable."
Berlin survived with his job following the Hurricanes' 31-7 loss to Virgnia Tech, but wasn't so lucky after Saturday's 10-6 defeat to Tennessee on Saturday that ended Miami's national-best 26-game winning streak in the Orange Bowl.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Squirrel-hunting Winston held at gunpoint in '12
- Source: Longhorns reinstate safety Turner
- Stanford WR Montgomery rehabbing shoulder
- OU RB banned from team amid investigation
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Boston College Eagles Maroon Football Tech Performance T-Shirt