'Canes hope QB change sparks offense
Berlin was benched after back-to-back lackluster performances against Virginia Tech and Tennessee, during which he threw four interceptions and fumbled once without leading the Hurricanes to a single touchdown. Overall, Berlin has thrown 14 interceptions and accounted for 17 of Miami's Big East-worst 27 turnovers. Berlin's pass efficiency rating of 119.3 ranks 71st out of 100 Division I-A quarterbacks listed by the NCAA. Coker called Berlin's interceptions "unacceptable."
Berlin survived with his job following the Hurricanes' 31-7 loss to Virgnia Tech, but wasn't so lucky after Saturday's 10-6 defeat to Tennessee on Saturday that ended Miami's national-best 26-game winning streak in the Orange Bowl.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
- Sources: ACC to count BYU among Power 5
- Former PSU player Taliaferro now lawmaker
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Toddler Syracuse Orange #44 Blue Football Game Jersey