'Canes hope QB change sparks offense
Berlin was benched after back-to-back lackluster performances against Virginia Tech and Tennessee, during which he threw four interceptions and fumbled once without leading the Hurricanes to a single touchdown. Overall, Berlin has thrown 14 interceptions and accounted for 17 of Miami's Big East-worst 27 turnovers. Berlin's pass efficiency rating of 119.3 ranks 71st out of 100 Division I-A quarterbacks listed by the NCAA. Coker called Berlin's interceptions "unacceptable."
Berlin survived with his job following the Hurricanes' 31-7 loss to Virgnia Tech, but wasn't so lucky after Saturday's 10-6 defeat to Tennessee on Saturday that ended Miami's national-best 26-game winning streak in the Orange Bowl.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Texas hires search committee for new coach
- Huskies investigate alleged recruiting violations
- Florida, Michigan to kick off '17 in Arlington
- UNC's Anderson to take Arkansas State job
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Miami Hurricanes #8 Green Football Legend Performance T-Shirt