Strength of schedule could cost 'Noles
The number should improve slightly over the final three games against three teams (Clemson, North Carolina State and Florida) that currently have winning records, though the Tigers would drop to .500 with a loss to the Seminoles on Saturday. "I think the formula has been set and that's the way it is," Coach Bobby Bowden said. "I think all the coaches I know that are in this thing are playing it smart and not even worrying about it and they're just trying to think about the next opponent.
"Because we saw again last week what can happen: you have a team like Miami to go down. The next three weeks, whoever the next closest five teams [behind Oklahoma] are, two or three of them could get upset, you know, so we just have to wait and see."
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Man acquitted in death of EMU football player
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Maryland Terrapins Football Mat