Penn State still reeling from loss
Originally Published: November 5, 2003By Herb Gould | Special to ESPN.com
It will be interesting to see how Penn State responds to a wrenching 21-20 loss to Ohio State in its next two games. After five straight losses, the last three to ranked teams, the Nittany Lions face better matchups against Northwestern and Indiana. But they'll need to shake off blowing a 17-7 third-quarter lead to the Buckeyes.
Legendary Joe Paterno, who's been facing calls for him to retire, put a lot
of emotion into this game. After impressing his players with his intensity in
practice all week, Paterno made an animated speech at a Friday night pep
rally. "I'm exhausted," Paterno said. "It was a week where we worked like dogs
to work up to a crescendo."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Michigan State Spartans #18 Green Football Game Jersey