Bulldogs relish big-game opportunity
- In the kind of game that might save a season, Louisiana Tech rallied from 21-3 down against the league's first-place team to win. That's what the Bulldogs did in beating Nevada 42-34. "We kept hanging in there and chipping away," said Tech coach Jack Bicknell. "For us to come back and win against a team like that ... what a great win for us."
Sophomore running back Ryan Moats is the league's offensive Player of the Week after rushing 31 times for 199 yards and a career-best three scores. His 69-yard TD run sealed the victory late in the fourth quarter. Moats has now rushed for more than 100 yards in three straight games. "I'll tell you what, he has been fantastic for us," said Bicknell. "I'm hoping he keeps it going. We're really just starting to find out how good he is."
La. Tech (4-4 overall, 2-3 WAC) will find out how good it is at this point when it steps out of conference and travels to LSU this week. The teams haven't met since 1941. "It's a huge regional game for our program," said Bicknell. "A huge challenge. I know I wasn't born in 1941. Obviously, as a program, it's another opportunity to put our program in the national limelight. Players love these kinds of games and as a head coach, where would you rather be than places like Michigan State and LSU and in other big-time atmospheres? It's what you always dream about, even if it might not look good on your win-loss record."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Nevada Basketball Court Sign
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider