Northern Illinois bowled over
Originally Published: October 28, 2003By Adam Rittenberg | Special to ESPN.com
Akron junior QB Charlie Frye is questionable for Saturday's game after suffering a right hip pointer against Connecticut. Frye was hit on the second play of the game but stayed in and threw for 223 yards on 15-of-26 passing. He came to the postgame news conference on crutches. "Hip pointers are awfully painful," Akron coach Lee Owens said. "You can't do much to take away the pain. The doctors assured me that his continuing to play (last Saturday) wouldn't hurt his future. It was how much pain could he take."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- NCAA's top cop: Cheaters 'will be found out'
- NCAA infractions chair: Reasons for inactivity
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Bowling Green Falcons Grey Football T-Shirt