Williams barks the loudest after loss
Andrew Walter's Heisman Trophy hopes went splat after a miserable outing against Iowa.
Originally Published: October 8, 2003By Ted Miller | Special to ESPN.com
While UCLA ran off 39 consecutive second-half points in its 46-16 victory over Washington, the Huskies sideline boiled over in frustration. Stars like receiver Reggie Williams and defensive tackle Terry Johnson yelled at teammates, both upset with the lack of intensity and focus. Coach Keith Gilbertson understood the emotions but insisted that a similar scene won't happen again. "We had some kids who were really upset after the game," Gilbertson said. "They weren't yelling at the team. They were venting. I wanted to vent myself. But it will be solved."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former Cal AD Barbour hired by Penn State
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- UGA frosh Bellamy faces DUI, speeding charges
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Arizona Wildcats Tailgater Junior-Size Football