Leak-y offense heads to LSU
The Gators handed the ball to freshman QB Chris Leak last week, but didn't truly trust his arm.
Originally Published: October 8, 2003By Pat Forde | Special to ESPN.com
- As if Ron Zook needed to give his critics any more ammunition, he did it last week with a bizarre offensive gameplan against Ole Miss. Facing the worst pass defense in America, the Gators naturally got busy establishing the run. Florida threw it 27 times against a secondary that gave up 661 yards the week before. They ran it 35. The result was just 17 points (including a big fat zero in the second half). That's the fewest points scored on Ole Miss this year by anyone not named Louisiana-Monroe.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com