Lindgren ... better late than never
Originally Published: October 8, 2003By Eric Crawford | Special to ESPN.com
The awakening continued in Idaho, as the Vandals' offense resumed the resurgence started a week before in Saturday's 35-31 win at New Mexico State. Senior quarterback Brian Lindgren, a preseason All-Conference pick, went to the bench to start the season as coach Tom Cable opted to go with sophomore Michael Harrington. But with the offense floundering, Cable gave Lindgren the start last week. It didn't pay immediate dividends, as he threw three first-half interceptions. But the senior came back strong, leading the Vandals from a 28-0 deficit. Cable was pleased not only with the offensive production, but with the confidence his team showed.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Briles on Fisher's critique: Worry about ACC
- FSU coach explains why Winston unpunished
- Top WR picks Auburn over USC, Tide, OSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks 2014 Football Schedule Maroon T-Shirt