Focus on players now at Arizona
Andrew Walter's Heisman Trophy hopes went splat after a miserable outing against Iowa.
Originally Published: October 1, 2003By Ted Miller | Special to ESPN.com
- And just like that -- poof -- John Mackovic is gone. Count on Arizona playing harder and smarter for his interim replacement, first-year defensive coordinator Mike Hankwitz, who already sounds like he wants to create a more player-friendly atmosphere. "We're going to emphasize 'team'; every member of this team is a valuable member," said Hankwitz, 55, a former linebacker for Bo Schembechler at Michigan who has never been a head coach before.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
- Heisman RBs Salaam, Williams on Hall ballot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com