Receiving corps almost too deep
Originally Published: September 30, 2003By Adam Rittenberg | Special to ESPN.com
Miami's receiving corps strikes fear in any opposing defense. Add TE Matt Brandt to the mix and it becomes unfair. Brandt set career highs with eight catches for 92 yards and two touchdowns in last week's battle for the Victory Bell against Cincinnati. Brandt is third on the team with 174 yards receiving. "This was a game where we anticipated using Matt," RedHawks coach Terry Hoeppner said. "He came here as a walk-on quarterback and has now grown up to be an athletic tight end. He was the 27th player taken in last year's Canadian football draft but decided to stay at Miami and get his degree."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- A&M's Manziel ready to take it to next level
- Bowl dispels rumors, 'no doubt' about Duke
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Akron Zips Grey Football Sideline Head On T-Shirt