Hill again shows why he's a good coach
Originally Published: September 23, 2003By Ed Graney | Special to ESPN.com
Pat Hill is a bottom-line guy. No wonder he has been so successful. Fresno State is still without injured No. 1 quarterback (Paul Pinegar) and the backup (Jeff Grady) has played all season with shoulder and hip ailments. You can see, then, why Fresno State became a defensive-minded side in their conference opener against Louisiana Tech, grinding out a 16-6 home victory. "Our defensive team speed was outstanding," said Hill. "We had to run the ball, control the clock and keep our defense rested. It wasn't pretty, but we just need to win games."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Texas' Brown poised to step down
- Sources: Alabama offers Saban new extension
- Source: Boise State hires Harsin as coach
- Four QBs, two RBs named Heisman finalists
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Boise State Broncos Blue Football T-Shirt