Arkansas Hog wild over Jones
Arkansas QB put on a show against Texas. Plus, Ron Zook slaps a gag order on his Gators this week.
- The rest of the nation got a good look last Saturday against Texas at the freakish talents of Arkansas quarterback Matt Jones, who has one of the most unique sets of skills of any player in college football. At 6-6, 225 pounds and possessing both a howitzer arm and shockingly fast feet, Jones is a nightmare to defend.
The junior threw for 139 yards and a touchdown, ran for 102 yards and a score and made several plays that few -- if any -- other college QBs could make. Jones ended one scramble with a flat-footed, 40-yard bullet into the end zone that was dropped. Another time he stiff-armed a pass rusher, scrambled around the right end and almost nonchalantly tiptoed/backpedaled around a flailing tackler near the goal line.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider