Up and down in Vegas
How in the world can his team look so helpless defensively in a 46-24 loss at Kansas one week and so inspired in a 23-5 victory at Wisconsin the next?
"The million dollar question," Robinson said. "Early in the year, I think college football teams tend to be more inconsistent and play opponents they often don't know much about. You also have school starting at different times for different teams and kids need to get through things like registration and checking out all the girls. It can really take away the focus you would like to have."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA files intent to appeal O'Bannon decision
- After threats, event cancels Updyke showing
- Vandy goes with Robinette over Rivers at QB
- Kent State to honor Bitsko with helmet decal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Mexico State Aggies Throwback Mini Football