Brown sprints his way to No. 1
The combine shook up the Big Board, bumping Auburn RB Ronnie Brown to No. 1 and getting Nebraska CB Fabian Washington on the list.
- The combine has offered up a new leader on my Big Board of the top 25 NFL prospects: Auburn running back Ronnie Brown, who showed more speed in Indianapolis than most expected.
He supplants Texas running back Cedric Benson, while Michigan wide receiver Braylon Edwards holds steady at No. 2 and USC wide receiver Mike Williams is back in the top three after occupying the top spot for a majority of the regular season. Wide receiver Roddy White of UAB makes the biggest jump this week, going from No. 18 to No. 12 on the heels of a good combine showing, while tight end Heath Miller of Virginia fell from No. 11 to No. 19 thanks to injury concerns.
The board also features one newcomer this week, Nebraska junior cornerback Fabian Washington, a terrific all-around athlete who ran one of the fastest 40s ever recorded at the Combine.
Washington's appearance on the list means 19 schools are now represented on the Big Board, including three Auburn players (two of the top eight) and two apiece for Florida State, Oklahoma, Texas and USC.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider