Minnesota needs a big-time WR
The Minnesota Vikings must replace Randy Moss and there are plenty of good offensive linemen to go around, according to Mel Kiper's latest mailbag.
- Randy Moss is headed west, but I don't think drafting a WR at No. 7 or No. 18 will do a whole lot for the Minnesota Vikings. Can the Vikings find a wideout in the second or third round like they did with Nate Burleson a couple years ago?
Scott Ritter, Bismarck, N.D.
Wide receiver is now a huge need area for the Vikings, and they also need help on the defensive front seven and at cornerback. A good plan would be to take USC wideout Mike Williams at No. 7 to help fill the void left by Moss' departure, then look at No. 18 for help in the defensive line from someone such as USC end/tackle Shaun Cody or Florida State DT Travis Johnson. Or if they opt for a cornerback, two of the top three, Antrel Rolle of Miami and Carlos Rogers of Auburn, should both still be available at that point.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider